MBP Santa Rosa Keyboard and Trackpad Stopped Responding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Unii, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Unii macrumors newbie

Hi guys.

I recently Swapped my year old MBP's (Running 10.5.6) hard drive out for a larger one. This went all fine and dandy, and for about 3 days now have been using my computer without problem.

However, after a smallish car trip, i booted my computer to find that the keyboard and trackpad have stopped responding. And I mean at all; Not in not in OS X, not in windows, and not when the computer is booting.

Clearly this indicates a hardware issue, yet I have checked the ribbon cable connecting the keyboard to the logic board and made sure it is still secure, so for the life of me I can cannot understand why this has happened.

Does anyone know what may have caused this, and if there are any things I can check to work out what is broken, or simply fix my issue.

I don't feel that the car trip could have knocked something out of place, but if it's simple to fix I'd love to be proven wrong.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Having the same issue with the gen before the SR. Only mine hasn't moved from it's perch. But no keyboard or trackpad....

I can't dig into it until the weekend though.