MBP Screen Broken?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lwmcanada, Jul 30, 2009.

1. lwmcanada macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have a macbook pro 2.2GHz merom, and it suddenly stopped working a few days ago. I put it to sleep one night, then opened it up the next day and the screen wouldnt come on, and the LED light on the screen release is staying solid.

When i turn it off and turn it back on, it chimes as it is doing something, and you can hear the hard drive spin up, but the screen stays black.

To my understanding, I am going to probably need a new screen correct? or could this be an issue with maybe the connection between the screen and the logic board, or maybe a video card issue?

It still recognizes the EFI and the hard drive, because I managed to get it into firewire transfer mode to back up the hard drive.

Any ideas on what I should do next?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If the light is solid, the screen is disabled. The light turns off when the screen is on.
    I don't think the problem is the screen.

Do you have an external monitor to test with?

3. lwmcanada thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i do, i tried that actually, and it doesnt appear on that one either. jsut says no signal

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

As I thought, your graphics card may be toast, which means a ~$800 logic board replacement will be needed.

5. lwmcanada thread starter macrumors newbie