Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Hi,
I'm really new to macs and am finding my way round at the moment. One thing I have noticed is on some websites the font size seems tiny - and wondered if it is something to do with the screen size resolution on the mac book pro 17"?

I have tried using the screen zoom, but wondered if there is another way?:confused:

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
This is not a good solution. On the websites that seem small, just pinch in or out or command and + (to zoom in) or command and - (to zoom out).

it isn't but OP asked for another solution aside from using the zoom feature

I provided one

newworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Thank you

Has anyone else had this problem also? Seems more so on blogs, but maybe they are small anyway...

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
The real problem that people fail to mention is the resolution found on the 17" MBP is more suited for monitors 22-24" in size.

Even zooming in will not make all text on your screen larger.

I'd suggest buying a 15" MBP with a resolution that suits it's screen size, 1440 x 900.

Mcmac17

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
London
re-size in Firefox

I found that too - so I use the No Squint add on to firefox which remembers the size settings on websites you visit (you use cmd & + to increase size). This saves you having to re-size every time you open a website.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

newworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Thank you for your replies. I think I will try the firefox no squint...

I do like a 17" screen size...just need to see the wording!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.