MBP screen hardware issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by foxpat, May 3, 2010.

1. foxpat macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    I just got the new april 2010 13' MBP, and I really love it, despite some battery problems.
    However, I recently noticed a gap about 2 mm wide on the left side where the screen connects to the unibody, and I do not know if this is a common thing or a manufacture defect.
    It is not that big of a deal, but I am worried about dust and other stuff getting into the crack. When shone with a flashlight up close, I can actually see the wires in there.

Here is a picture of the gap (sorry about the dust :p)
    http://i39.tinypic.com/34qwe2c.jpg

Does anyone else have this problem? or should I take it back to the apple store? :S

2. foxpat thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Balaamsdonkey macrumors 6502

I can't even tell what I am looking at.

4. foxpat thread starter macrumors newbie

The screen connects to the unibody by a black hinge. The gap (and this picture) is on the left edge of the hinge. Just beside the microphone opening.

5. foxpat thread starter macrumors newbie

6. jonrwg macrumors newbie

i didn't notice about that but my 10days old 13" MBP had a screen issues. It start flickering so much like a TV had no transmission. Just sent it for repair. Hopefully they will exchange me with a new one.

7. foxpat thread starter macrumors newbie

I see. I hope they'll just exchange a new one for me in store. I mean, they can't really take off the screen and put on a new, fitted on in store...
    I'll just tell them all the problems this computer has (wifi dropping, buzzing, battery) and hopefully they just give me a new one. No hassle and no wait, haha.