MBP: Screen is ghosting/breaking up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kardashian, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

OK, I got my replacement MacBook Pro last week.

It's been flawless, much better screen - everything.

However, the past few days the screen has started to 'break up' (images are 'seperating' are not lining up, the best what to describe it is ghosting.)

Lines of text will ghost themselves so the same bit of writing is repeated below/above.

Images will 'break' up into pieces and not line up.

So, what the heck is going on, and does this one also need to go back to Apple?

I took a screenie, and the problem has been caught in it.

Attached Files:

2. Tosser macrumors 68030

It could be many things: Faulty motherboard, faulty GPU, faulty RAM and so on.

However, it could be a cache-problem or some other software related. Download Onyx, repair permissions and run the scripts and the numerous other things it can do, and you might be able to fix it. Heck, even a restart might fix it.
    I used to have that problem on 10.5.2 (or was it 10.5.3?). Anyway, suffice to say I don't have it anymore. I also had it on several of my faulty MBP's, and the problem persisted even after they changed the MB and on and on. The Leopard-bug had me really scared because of that.

Edit: Come to think of it I _still_ have the problem, albeit not as bad as you. My problem has to do with the tabs and the bookmark bar: If I load a page and then add or remove tabs or hide or show the bookmarks bar, I get that problem for a little while until the page(s) have loaded completely.

I'm on 10.5.4, MBP 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM.