MBP screen issues (possible loose connector?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarsianMan, Aug 27, 2008.

1. MarsianMan macrumors member

So recently the bottom 1/3 of my screen gets corrupted or just doesn't display quite right, by pivoting the screen or pressing on parts of the top gently I can sometimes fix it. The problem is becoming more prevalent and I am not sure what I should do. I am not sure if it would happen if I took it to an Apple store and it didn't show up for demonstration, furthermore what happens to the data on the drive if they do end up taking it for repairs/replacement? (I have had the laptop for ~6 months) What should I do?

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Get it fixed while still under warranty. If you have or can afford to buy an external hard drive, use SuperDuper to clone your entire drive so that if they wipe the drive you have a complete bootable copy.

The last few times I helped folks get their repaired, no data was lost, however, Apple does not warrant data while servicing your unit.

Cheers,

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

could be the lcd panel or the lvds cable, or both. But squeezing the top where the isight is probably means its a bad lcd.. cable doesnt move that much, but i could be wrong.