MBP screen pixel issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by musham, Dec 8, 2008.

1. musham macrumors member

I have a may 2008 MBP (2.5 Ghz, 512MB Geforce 8600, 2GB RAM, 1440x900 glossy screen).
    It has worked perfectly since unboxing. However, recently I noticed a dead pixel on the bottom right hand side of the screen that wasnt there before, and another stuck pixel on the top right hand side.
    I know this is an oft repeated question, but is there any chance for a replacement? or will I have to grin and bear it? it hurts enough as it is that my MBP became obsolete less than six months after i bought it :(

2. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Obsolete? Are you saying that it no longer does what you need it to do? No sympathy from me. First off, 6 months is a long time for computers AND you had to know that Apple was going to release a new laptop this year. My guess is that you got impatient and bought what was available. Now you have buyers remorse.

As for the dead pixel, you might be able to do something about it if it's still under warranty AND you can prove that it just occurred. You could argue the point that since the pixel happened after the purchase, then it's technically a malfunction and thus covered under warranty.

Or just sell it on ebay and buy a new one.

3. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

You'll probably have a hard time convincing apple to replace your screen over a single dead pixel. You can certainly try though..

4. musham thread starter macrumors member

This is my first mac, and I admit I didnt do a lot of research before buying it. But i had no idea that they were going to change the look of the MBP. I needed a laptop very badly since my dell had just died on me. Are you telling me you've never made an ill-informed decision?
    I realise 6 months is an eternity in computer years, and i have no issues with the specs whatsoever. and I don't have buyer's remorse. maybe obsolete was an inappropriate choice of words.