MBP Screen Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ktalebian, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ktalebian macrumors regular

Hi, as broke my MBP screen a while ago (I had a post for that!).
    Anyways, I bought a screen for $300, and had the installation for $75.
    However, today I got a call from the installation office, and they said that the screen is not the right size per say. The fact is that, it is about 2-3mm off, meanning, the left side is under the frame, while the right side is off the frame! (The screen is shifted 2mm to the left). The guy told me the screen is not completely right.
    So, I called the company I bought this, and they said they can exchange it. But, I need to pay for the new installation, and the shipment!
    What do you guys think? Should I do it? Or stay with this?

Thanks

2. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I'm confused: is the installation being done by a separate company than the panel was purchased from?

3. ktalebian thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I bought the screen from a website, and another company (Apple Certified though!) is installing it.
    Should I bother with the extra $150?!

4. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I look at it as a "good money after bad" situation. If the panel supplier sold you a panel based on wrong specs you supplied them, then I can see them charging you shipping at the very least, if not a restocking fee.

If they sold you the panel based on their recommendation of what panel is suitable for your hardware, then they should pay shipping at the very least, if not the first installation fee. (Although good luck getting that sorted out.)

If it's the former, then yes, spend the money, and call it a lesson learned. if it's the latter, who knows? It's a gamble.

5. ktalebian thread starter macrumors regular

No, they said this is the right screen, and the installer said that the screen is fine, it is just not the right one!
    So yeah, that's the problem, I may get the exact same screen, because the screen that I have is supposedly fine!
    So I don't know ...! I'm gonna see the laptop today,, and hopefully it does not look as bad as I think!

6. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Maybe you should ask the installer what the right product code is, and see what the seller says.

Semi on-off topic, here. I was in a situation where my network was down, and my IPS (WorldCom, remember them) blamed my equipment, and Cisco blamed the ISP. I ambushed them into a conference call, and surprise!, WorldCom backed down, and made things right.

7. ktalebian thread starter macrumors regular

I did tell them that you sent me the wrong screen, and they said fine they'll exchange it, but they would not pay for the installation!

8. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

If english is not your first language, then maybe I can at least rationalize your post, but seriously your post is barely intelligible.

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Well, it can't be both the right screen and not the right screen. I'd suggest getting your screen and/or money back and trying a different screen and/or installment service.