MBP screen quality? ( Anti Glare )

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mark28, Dec 21, 2010.

1. mark28 macrumors 68000

I converted a Blu Ray movie and played it on my Mac. I'm actually super impressed how amazing it looks. :eek: Full HD movies is the way to go for certain :D

How does the screen of the MBP compare to the desktop screens and Full HD TV's? :)

2. Wattser93 macrumors regular

3. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

4. Wattser93 macrumors regular

You're not going to find direct comparisons of it to TVs and desktop screens.

The closest you'll find is that link I gave you.

People generally when shopping for a laptop don't say "Hmm, I'd like to know how the contrast ration of this compares to my new 3D TV" and then use scientific tests to find out.

If you're pleased with it, be happy.

5. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok. Well it looks good for certain. I'm quite suprised considering it's just a laptop screen :p

It looks better than my desktop screen, but that is no suprise, it's an old one :p

6. splitpea macrumors 6502a

It's a TN panel. It's pretty good for a TN panel (clear colors, bright, plenty of contrast) but suffers from the same shortcomings they all do -- particularly severe differences in apparent color depending on viewing angle, and that weird effect where colors invert if you view from too high an angle.

It should be comparable to TN panel desktop monitors, but for color rendition it won't hold a candle to a screen with a PVA or IPS panel. On the other hand, TN panels typically handle fast motion better than the other types, and a PVA or IPS panel external monitor costs significantly more than a TN.

More on LCD panel types.

7. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Maybe this will help you.
    http://www.prad.de/en/index.html

You will not find a Notebooks screen test on there but about any other Panel you can think off. There are hundreds of test of TN, VA, IPS Panels in TVs, and office Displays, professionell displays with differen kinds of backlights, with all the info you can think of and more. Viewing angels, colors, deltaE, danding and whatever might be interesting to someone who thinks about buying one.

Just look at some TN Panel reviews and find one with similar colors and contrast as Anand in his review and compare them to the real good VA Displays or expensive FullLED TVs on the site.

It is a German website thus I am not sure if the all the content is in English too or only some is available in both languages. You should find enough.