MBP screen - scratch/damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by schataut, Aug 19, 2012.

1. schataut macrumors member

Hi,

I dropped my MBP while tethered shooting :mad: and the screen hit (I think) edge of a cardboard box. It caused about 3 inches long scratch (I thought) but extensive cleaning with a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol did not change anything at all. I feel like its an internal damage :confused: Any suggestions/help appreciated.

With max brightness the mark is only visible slightly however I do a lot of photo editing and it would bug me immensely. :(

Attached Files:

2. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

your out of luck with an anti glare display..

i had hat screen and its amazing, but its not as durable as the glossy since it has GLASS.

it could be worse though...

3. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

If cleaning it doesnt help then im afraid your out of luck.

4. nitromac macrumors 6502

Avoid using rubbing alcohol. What you should try (and I know this might sound a little crazy) is just rubbing your finger perpendicular to the scratch. Use some force and make sure the screen is set on a flat surface to avoid damage. Don't push too hard, as the trick is to have enough friction to rub off the scratch. I did this to my entire screen when I nearly ruined it with rubbing alcohol, but now it's pretty much as good as new. If the cardboard box didn't actually scrape off any coating, this could easily work.

Once you're done rubbing, you'll probably see some grease/oil from your fingers and you can just wipe that off with a damp microfiber cloth.

5. schataut thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for your responses.

I tried the finger thing but did not help much. Looks like its something internal and not external. I guess it could have been worse + I will learn to live with it :) Not THAT bad but I am very anal about these kinda things so bothers me a bit :) Time to modify CF card to put in a EyeFi card and go wireless.