MBP screen spots, Extended Apple Care question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GrizzleyT, Apr 19, 2009.

1. GrizzleyT macrumors newbie

I bought my Macbook Pro in Fall 2007 with 3 year Apple Care. I have noticed 2 small foggy white spots in my screen. They aren't a problem for me, so I am in no rush to get it replaced. But what will happen if I decided to wait until just before my Apple care expires in 2010? Would they still have old parts and give me a refurb, or would they no longer have 3 year old screen hardware (what with the new unibody design)?

If the latter, would they refuse to cover anything, or would they replace my entire laptop?

Thanks.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Apple will almost always have the parts necessary to repair a product. It only makes sense that Apple WOULD have the parts especially if you have AppleCare, so within the 3 years they will be able to repair your product. Unless it's something very serious (safety hazard) don't look for Apple to replace your product even if it's near the end of your AppleCare.

3. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

I've got a white spot as well. I'd like to get it replaced, but I wonder if it will just happen again.

4. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

I have it too!! But you can only see it from certain angles :rolleyes: gonna give em a call...