MBP screen "stage lights"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gameface, Sep 11, 2010.

1. gameface macrumors 6502

Just woke my MBP up from sleep and it was a little cranky. Closed the lid, let it go to sleep and opened it again and all is good now. Weird.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

So it went away?

Might indicate a bigger problem ... I'd call Apple.

3. creative78 macrumors regular

creative78

So this effect went away after re-sleeping the computer? That is weird looking for sure!

4. gameface thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup, I'm typing on it now and no problems. Bringing it down apple tomorrow as I have apple care and I have the dreaded GeForce 8600M GT.

I was just about to hit send on this and the superdrive just made the sound it makes while ejecting a disk but there is no disk in there. uh oh...

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It's crying for help ... ;)

Yeah, definitely get it looked at, and make sure everything is backed up - soon.

6. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

BTW, what OS are you running? I used to have that as well.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1258 I had that a few days after I got my computer (also with an 8600M GT). The site says to update to 10.5.3 (I'm sure I had that when I was on 10.5.3 as I installed the update the day after I got my MBP), so that's probably not the same problem.

EDIT: Apple's site says if the issue remains, turn off the display (CMD-Shift-Eject) and then wake it. Personally I've only had it twice, both on 10.5.3.

EDIT 2: OK, I just noticed, your running Snow Leopard (notice the date in the menu bar?) so ignore my "what OS are you running" question. So simply, CMD-Shift-Eject, then wake the display.