Mbp screen won't come on- nvidia issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by docal97, Jun 23, 2009.

1. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

So here is the situation:

I have a 2.4 ghz mbp. Over the past week, ihave noticed that often when I boot, the screen is essentially dead. I get the iniatial boot up chime, but the screen does not come on at all. Every once in awhile, it will come on with booting, but usually will not. I have never had this issue before.

I have the latest version of the OS, did all the various resets per the apple support website and nothing has worked. I can connect the mbp to another mb va FireWire and see and access my hardrive.

Dies this sound like the nvidia video issue? I curious of others experiences with similar issues. I have an evaluate schedUled for tomorrow at a local apple store.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've noticed from time to time where the display will taking a long time to turn on.

Check your brightness settings as well.

3. sos85 macrumors member

4. docal97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

docal97

Are you referring to a specific weblink? I have searched that site and there is nothing that I can find there in regards to my issue.

5. docal97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

docal97

So I took the mbp in today and met with the Genius. He took it into the back for about 5 minutes and then came out and said that I had a bad video card, and that it was related to the Nvidia problem that is documented. They kept the mbp and will be replacing the logic board. It should take approximately 2-4 days.