Resolved MBP screw

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Elevon, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Elevon, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

Elevon macrumors regular

Hi there,

Lately I have opened the back of my MBP for some installation, during the process I managed to lose one of the (short) screws...

So currently my MBP has a missing screw (right-mid just under the trackpad), will this be a big problem?

Would you advice me to purchase a new screw or just leave it?

-If i were to buy a new screw, can somebody advice me a good and reliability seller please?

Sorry about the load of questions.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I would say if you can get a replacement then get one. It won't really hurt anything if you leave it out but to be safe to get one.

Sorry I don't have any recommendations other then take a look over at ifixit.com. They may sell them or have links to get one.

3. happle macrumors 6502a

4. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

Go to n Apple store and ask for a screw. I had one come out and they simply put a new one in on the spot.

5. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

It will be fine without it. Your preference on whether it will haunt you like an Edgar Allen Poe beating heart that you are missing that screw.

6. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Don't stress out about it. Just pick one up at an Apple store the next time you have a chance.

7. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

ebay is very good too, they'll have just about any mac part that you might need.

8. Elevon thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for the help guys, your comments are very appreciated. I decide to visit my local Apple store tomorrow =]