MBP SD still doesn't burn

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Elbert C, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Elbert C macrumors 6502

Just received my MBP via USPS from the Apple store in Anchorage. I wasn't there long enough to pick it up myself. I originally brought it in because the Super Drive quit reading and writing to discs along with an occasional black screen startup that I don't think was replicated by the genius that worked on my MBP. I just received it yesterday and when I tried a couple discs that I had burnt with the MBP when the SD was working fine it read them, but when I tried burning with Finder using Maxell DVD-R, Verbatim CD-R and DVD-R I get an "error code 0x80020022". I'm wondering if the Genius that replaced the SD tested it thoroughly before contacting me that it was done or did he/she just insert a disc and when it was read by the MBP the SD passed.
    I guess this is more of a rant than a question. I'm more disappointed than mad about this because I wanted to burn some slideshows/movies for friends and family with the MBP but I could live with my MBP not having a working SD, I have a PBG4 that I can use to burn media with. Rendering the slideshows/movies with the MBP would be a lot faster than the PBG4 though. I still have a couple weeks of AC left on my MBP and IDK if I should give Apple a call since they haven't addressed the "error code 0x80020022" according to my Google search on the subject.
    What would you do in this case?

2. Elbert C thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link, EricT43. Unfortunately none of them worked for me. :(