MBP + second display... Expose on only one display?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shoelessone, Sep 19, 2007.

1. shoelessone macrumors 6502

This may be a dumb question, but i'd like to use my second display to watch video while I use my MacBook Pro display for browsing, programming, etc. Overall I'm very happy with the way OSX deals with the second display, but I'd really like to be able to disable expose on the second display, so that when I hit F9 or F10 the video i'm watching on the second monitor does not shrink.

Also, I find it annoying that the bottom left corner of both my primary and secondary monitor trigger expose.

Anyway to do this?

Thanks!
    <3

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

don't know about the first part, but for the second, adjust slightly the arrangement of the two displays (display prefs) so that there is no shift betewwn the bottom right and left of the right and left displays, respectively

3. shoelessone thread starter macrumors 6502

This is going to sound dumb, but I have things setup so my external LCD is on the left of me... so if I line them up, it's the LCDs corner that activates expose, instead of the MBP LCD.

4. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

either way, as long as your expose hot corner is assigned to the bottom left, and if the lcd's bottom edge is set higher than the bottom edge of the main display, then yes, hitting the bottom left of either screen will activate the hot corner. Did you check the arrangement, am I correct? If not sorry. If so, then just line then up if you can tolerate it.