MBP: Second Hand or wait a little longer for update???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by solice, May 20, 2007.

  1. solice macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 20, 2007
    #1
    Hi everyone,

    First of all, I would like to say it is a great site for MACheads and I visit this site every day now...

    Anyway, I am in the same boat as all of those who are waiting for the MBP updates... however, I have an offer for a MBP (purchase in late Jan) for about USD 450 off the retail price... and there is no scratches or dead pixel... I am seriously thinking about it... it does save some money towards a mobile HDD or my 1.6 TB RAID 5 NAS....

    My question is the next MBP update really that siginificant with Santa Rosa (probably 2.4 GHz) and LED screen... or should I get the current MBP at a decent price and use it until the next update at the end of year or early 08???
     
  2. WillJS macrumors 65816

    WillJS

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2007
    #2
    Depends on what you need. Will you need the extra GHz? The machines out now are wonderful.. unless you think you'll need ~2.4GHz then buy now. Also, do you NEED a machine now? If not, that's another thing to think about. I say buy it, unless $450 isn't that big of a deal in your place; you don't need it now; you need the extra GHz.
     

Share This Page