MBP: Second Hand or wait a little longer for update???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by solice, May 20, 2007.

1. solice macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to say it is a great site for MACheads and I visit this site every day now...

Anyway, I am in the same boat as all of those who are waiting for the MBP updates... however, I have an offer for a MBP (purchase in late Jan) for about USD 450 off the retail price... and there is no scratches or dead pixel... I am seriously thinking about it... it does save some money towards a mobile HDD or my 1.6 TB RAID 5 NAS....

My question is the next MBP update really that siginificant with Santa Rosa (probably 2.4 GHz) and LED screen... or should I get the current MBP at a decent price and use it until the next update at the end of year or early 08???

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Depends on what you need. Will you need the extra GHz? The machines out now are wonderful.. unless you think you'll need ~2.4GHz then buy now. Also, do you NEED a machine now? If not, that's another thing to think about. I say buy it, unless $450 isn't that big of a deal in your place; you don't need it now; you need the extra GHz.