mbp seems to be falling apart

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SilBot, Jan 5, 2010.

1. SilBot macrumors newbie

I have an early 2007 MacBook Pro that I bought in August 2007. So far, I've had the keyboard replaced twice, the topcase with the trackpad replaced, and I've gone through 5 power cords.

A few keys started to fail and quit responding on the first keyboard so apple replaced it. Then the trackpad and keyboard wouldn't respond so they replaced both of them. Apple also decided to replace the charging port on my computer to see if that would fix the power cord problem.

It's been a week since I got my trackpad and keyboard replaced and the whole left side of the keyboard backlight doesn't work, the keyboard and trackpad will go unresponsive again, or the trackpad will start moving erratically, and I can't two finger double click on the trackpad.

I love my macbook pro and I'm really disappointed that all of this has happened to it. I called Apple Care and they're going to replace the trackpad and keyboard...again. The total cost of everything that has been replaced is almost as much as what the computer costs. Is there anything I can do or say to apple care to try and get a new replacement macbook pro or are they just going to keep on replacing broken parts? I have the 3 year applecare so everything has been covered under warranty.

2. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

3 repairs of the same thing is usually enough to get a replacement...

3. JosX macrumors regular

Must be an odd one out, I use my 2007 MBP heavily everyday & the only thing that's ever been faulty is the superdrive, which I'll be replacing as soon as I have some more money. Not a huge fan of slot loading drives, to many parts to go wrong. How are you using it? Having the whole top case replaced twice seems fairly extreme.

4. SilBot thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not hard on it at all I baby this thing. I use it to go on the internet and for school. My parents have a macbook and a macbook pro and a lot of my friends have macbook pros and they aren't having any problems at all. Like JosX said it must be an odd one out. I'll call Apple Care back and try to work something out.

5. SilBot thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple had me do a hardware test and I have a bad logic board so they're going to replace it. They said that should fix all of the problems I've been having.

6. JacaByte macrumors 6502

If I were you I'd ask for a replacement machine instead.

7. Neo-Tech macrumors regular

Do the sjobs email trick. Tell them about your horrible experience and you may get a new MBP.

If a machine goes through 3 repairs and it's still not fixed, I'd say that machine is faulty.