MBP Service Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jw nyc, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I need help regarding my MBP...My superdrive is having major issues where it's EXTREMELY loud (imagine like an airplane) and sometimes doesn't burn the disc at all. Also, I have a few clustered dim pixels on the left side of the screen that you can only see if you're looking for but it really bothers me.

I brought the computer into apple and they said they need to replace the superdrive and the screen. However they said I will be without my computer for 2-3 days. The problem is I CANNOT under any circumstance be without my computer for even one full work day (M-F). Now I HAVE to get these issues fixed so I asked apple if they could send me the superdrive and at least let me fix that myself but they said no. Is there any other solution for me or am I truly f'd? Thanks.

2. DebtManWalking macrumors newbie

Your effed...

Generally, the rule of thumb is two-three days depending on the complexity of the repair.

I just had my LED LCD, Logic board and top case replaced due to incompetent Apple techs, but they put there senior guy on it and now it's great, just got it back about two hours ago...

Went in a 2.2Ghz SR 128MB Video Ram - Came out a 2.6Ghz SR with 256MB Video Ram...

Love it!

DebtManWalking

3. aquajet macrumors 68020

If having a working machine is that critical to you, then you ought to have a backup. I suggest you bite the bullet and buy a second computer. Go to craigslist if you have to.

4. operator207 macrumors 6502

Maybe the Apple store has a loaner? Or maybe they can ship one out to you?

I am not sure, I have a backup, so I would not have a reason to ask.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They can order the part for you and then you can take it in when the parts arrive; turnaround should be less than 24 hours for the repair (no including time to wait for parts).

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Do you have another computer? If not could you borrow a friends?