MBP shipment....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Avicenna, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Avicenna macrumors member

I ordered customized MBP from Apple.com last Thursday, and it still hasn't arrived here.....I live in Ottawa, Canada, and the MBP shipped from Shanghai, China. Then it went to Anchorage Alaska, and now its in Louisville, Kentucky.

Does it usually take this long? and considering its in Kentucky right now, its going to take at least tomorrow to get here, and if not tomorrow, then Monday, which is more than 7 business days. Also, why would it be shipped to Louisville? That's much farther from Alaska than Ottawa, ON. Doesn't make sense... :confused:

Thanks guys, just curious and wanted to know, I JUST CANT WAIT LONGERRR!!!

PS- If it takes more than 7 business days, can i sue them in anyway? (even thought i didn't pay for the shipping)

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

lmao no you cant sue them , You should have gotten the 3 day shipment

4. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

5. Avicenna thread starter macrumors member

Well, they claimed it should be there in max 7 business days...

6. jiminy macrumors newbie

when did it ship?
    cuz when I ordered my BTO I also opted for the faster shipping. The shipping pattern when the same as yours, the end destination for mine was california, so I also thought it was wierd that it went from Alaska to Kentucky. But it did get to me in three days when it left China.

of course those 3 days are for shipping and not in consideration of when you actually ordered it. Cause it took them about 5-6 days to build mine after the order date to actually shipping it out.

7. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Once it leaves the warehouse, Apple has absolutely no control over the delivery time. It's all on the shipping company until it reaches your door. You really want to sue them because your Macbook is going to arrive a couple days later than you anticipated? :rolleyes:

8. mrj412 macrumors regular

Oh my ... Patience is a virtue ;)

UPS packages would likely travel through Louisville, KY as that is the main UPS air hub. The shipments entering the country from China would be sent there, sorted and shipped out to their final destinations.

9. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

are you freaking kidding me? You didnt pay for shipping and your complaining about not getting a computer from china in a week?

10. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Man, you need to chill. I suggest you pick up a dime and roll a spliff. Don't worry, your laptop is on its way.

11. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Honestly, it is only a computer... And it isn't Apple's fault that it hasn't gotten to you yet, that would be the fault of the mail carrier delivering it to you. And those 7 business days do not include the weekend, if you ordered it on Thursday, then that would mean you are at 5 business days right now.

12. Avicenna thread starter macrumors member

Lol guys chill.I would never sue Apple for late shipping even if I could. I am just too eager and can't wait, that's all.