MBP Shipping Time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Randizzledante, May 24, 2011.

1. Randizzledante macrumors regular

Hey all! I finally took the plunge and ordered a 15" high end MBP (with AG screen, of course) yesterday afternoon. I also splurged for the 2-3 day shipping, because I was hoping to get it 5/26 or 5/27. Sadly, I was quoted any time between 5/27-6/1. Not a huge deal, but I was definitely shooting for getting it by the end of this week (big project due at the beginning of next week).

What have been your experiences with shipping time on BTO MBP's?

Thanks for any input! :)

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Ordered on a Sunday night, in hand Wednesday morning, quicker than quoted by a few days.

3. silverf1re macrumors regular

Ordered today (2 am) with standard shipping and fedex says Friday delivery. Base model though.

4. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Mine is in China should be here on friday.
    However all apple shipments that i've ordered in the part have arrived a day early.:eek::eek::eek:

5. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

I had placed an order for my 17" on Saturday night. Shipped the following Tuesday and I received it on Thursday

6. Randizzledante thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, fantastic - that's certainly all very promising.

Unfortunately, a terrible update has taken place...it seems the charge for the laptop went through on my credit card just fine, but the $18 charge for faster shipping didn't (explain THAT one to me). Called Apple, they claimed to have solved it.

More unfortunately, my order status page is now gone. Gonna call Apple again tomorrow morning and try to sort it out.

7. Randizzledante thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Woohoo! Apple has sorted it out. Item is now "prepared for shipping."

Consequently, does anyone know where it's shipped from?

8. nickcao macrumors member

if it's CTO then it should be from shanghai china. Plus you could check it from apple aft they shipped it. Gl

9. Randizzledante thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Latest Update: Well I'm fairly pissed. I was originally quoted a delivery range of 5/27-6/1. After this whole shipping charge debacle, I figured I would see it 5/31 at the latest. Now it's shipped and won't be here until 6/2 (even later than Apple's estimate). Essentially I paid $18 for absolutely nothing - didn't get the laptop when I wanted, and now it's not even in the range I paid for.

Going to call Apple in a few hours and tell them. I'm sure they'll refund the shipping charge. Although if I had known all this was gonna happen, would have just bought it from the Apple store. Mistake I won't make again at least.

10. billnye97 macrumors regular

Unfortunately even if you went to an Apple Store the changes you made to the system would have required an online order. The only changes that can be made at the Apple Store when you buy a Macbook is adding RAM. It does suck about the shipping times though. I just ordered a base MacBook Pro and it should be here tomorrow or Saturday.

11. Randizzledante thread starter macrumors regular

While this is very true, all I really wanted was a high-end 15" with AG screen. I was very close to buying the one they sell at the store (2.3 i7 instead of 2.2) but decided at the last minute to order online to save the extra processor $$$.

Figured ordering Monday + expedited shipping I could see it by week's end. Alas, I was wrong. They did refund my shipping charge though.