MBP Shipping weird...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skythefly13, Jun 18, 2008.

1. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

My 2.4 Penryn MBP is stuck in Shanghai with a "Package received after FedEx cutoff" detail It has been like this for close to a day now! I did a few searches in google and didnt find that great of info...Is there any hope that I will receive my MBP by Friday? I am in Oregon, and would REALLY like to have it by Friday, because I will be gone all next week! AH! I did not use 2-3 day shipping, but sometimes Apple seems to ship that quick anyways...Thanks for your help

Jun 18, 2008

2)SHANGHAI CN - Picked up - Package received after FedEx cutoff
    2:35 PM

1)SHANGHAI CN - Left FedEx origin facility
    8:17 AM

0)Package data transmitted to FedEx

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

does it say you will get it on friday? on the shipping info
    and dont worry somtimes they dont scan the packages at one point buy at the other they do.. if it says friday you will get it friday

btw fedex is shipping on sat also

3. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

This is what has shown the last 1.5 days. Also, the times listed are in Shanghai time. If my math is right....probably not :rolleyes:.....Shanghai is +12 hours from pacific time. Hm. Anyways, as you can see, there isnt a estimated delivery date yet. Also, I thought fedex didnt deliver on saturday? Isnt that only Fedex Home service or something? Pretty sure this is just through fedex ground...

4. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

That is completely normal for FedEx. They only update foreign package scans every 24-48h.

You'll know it is coming soon when it scans in Alaska or one of the regional FedEx hubs.

If you paid for the 2-3d shipping you might get it by Fri. If not some FedEx locations will allow you to pick it up on a Saturday if it arrived at the location.

5. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

After searching the forums and doing a google search I found a couple sites say Apple makes it so Fedex MUST try to deliver the package the first time, then it can be picked up. Also, I didn't think Fedex Ground shipped anything on weekends?

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

i have gotten alot of packages on saturday with fedex, standard shipping and overnight

7. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

i wouldn't sweat what you are seeing on the fedex website. I went through the same agida when i was waiting for my mbp. It seems like nothing is happening with your package, but the next thing u know, it is in Alaska, then at your door. Once it hits Alaska, the thing moves FAST.

Don't worry, you will have it soon.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Actually Shanghai is +9 Pacific Time.

And as with the package, well FedEx does deliver on Saturday if the shipper pays for it.

Home Delivery delivers to home; if you live at a residence and pay for Ground, they are suppose to ask the shipper to the pay the difference, I have yet to see them actually do that.

9. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I just checked the status and it says the estimated delivery date is Monday the 23rd before 10:30 am. GREAT. I am leaving a couple hours before that! So if the package arrives in my city on Saturday I just go the the warehouse and pay a small fee?