MBP short freezing problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adyjay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Adyjay macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I just bought my first Mac (MacBook Pro 13") and I seem to have stepped in a few problems (not sure if they really are problems or that's just how the laptop was supposed to work).

While watching a movie, either in QuickTime or Flash in a browser, the video freezes (stalls) for 2-3 seconds from time to time (2 to 2 minutes or something like that). This sort of thing seems to happen while browsing the web too, everything but the mouse pointer seems to freeze for 1-2 seconds from time to time. I looked all over the web for a way to fix it or what it is and I couldn't find anything, thinking of taking the laptop back or to apple care.

I also experieced a black (blank) screen. Just had 2-3 applications running, when the screen suddenly turned black, the laptop looked like it was in sleep mode but everything was still spinning, and the sleep led was on, but not fading. I force rebooted the laptop, and the problem didn't repeat itself.

The laptop is only a few days old, I don't think this is how it should work though. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. xyanide14 macrumors newbie

i have experienced this issue as well on my 1 year old mac as well. I too am curious to know the solution to this problem.