MBP Shuts Down when importing CDs into iTunes.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daveJMT, Apr 8, 2009.

1. daveJMT macrumors newbie

This happens almost everytime I put in a CD to import into iTunes. MBP just dies. It's hooked up to the power outlet. I even bought a new battery. Now this new battery hardly lasts one hour.

To top it off, I also imported fonts and now almost every website I look at, all the fonts are strange characters. Any help greatly appreciated for sure!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you tried reinstalling iTunes or updating to the newest version? Also you should take it to the genius bar to have checked out, they might be able to replace something.

3. daveJMT thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks-- I took it twice to the genius bar in the past 8 months, unfortunately they don't know what's up-- they told me for them to fix it would be 500 to 1000 bucks-- so no go!

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Wow, that really surprises me that if they didn't know what was wrong and there is no visible damage, that they wouldn't replace it? That is lame, I'm sorry. I guess the best you can do is trying using an external cd drive?

5. daveJMT thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, no problem. i bought it a year ago used from craigslist, so that's why it wasn't replaceable-- thanks for the help tho= have a good day!

"it's just so.... round!" haha