MBP shutting down during sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JosephBergdoll, Dec 21, 2012.

1. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

My late 08 2.53ghz c2d MBP has starting doing this out of nowhere… when I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but after a few minutes just decides to shut down. At first I thought it was because of my arrangement with my HDD in the normal spot and the boot SSD in my optibay… so I switched them around and nope, still does it. I can't think of anything that would be causing this… ideas? I am running 10.8.2.

2. JosephBergdoll thread starter macrumors 6502

FORGET all this, it turns off when you move it! Opened 'er up again to see if any ribbon cables were loose or anything… nope… completely stumped on this. Ideas?

3. probuild521 macrumors newbie

is your computer plugged in or just on battery when this is happening?

4. JosephBergdoll thread starter macrumors 6502

Usually just on battery, and then other times I have unplugged my charger and it just shuts down from that… sounds like my battery is starting to freak out.

5. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

I never use SLEEP, for this very reason. I know on my SOny, very unreliable in sleep mode. On MBP, have all that turned off. MBP on when I use it, else OFF. No SLEEP.

6. JosephBergdoll thread starter macrumors 6502

I can understand that, but I have been using sleep for four years without trouble (until now) and will continue to use sleep as long as it is offered.