MBP Skins & Protective Films - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ARK, Jun 4, 2009.

1. ARK macrumors 6502

Since I have a small scratch and small dent on the top lid of our MBP, I'm curious at looking at a skin for the top lid to hide the scratch and some sort of protection for the keys and palm rest. Anybody have any recommendations? Photos are more than welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

invisibleSHIELD on the outside of the computer
    Moshi PalmGuard on the wristrests
    Moshi ClearGuard on the keyboard

3. ARK thread starter macrumors 6502

4. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I thought about doing this for my GF's WhiteBook. I don't want to hide my Aluminum MBP though. I love the way it looks too much!

5. chp5592 macrumors regular

I used the skins from Bestskinsever.com. $29 for the whole package. A little tough putting it on. Don't worry about the little bubbles which goes a way in few days. Very happy with it now. Designed so you can still pop open the hard drive/ battery case as well as the main back panel to access memory compartment.

6. hiahmed macrumors newbie

Gelaskins

I love my Gelaskin on my Iphone, and I just got one today for my laptop. They cover it nicely and have great artists and designs to pick from. My local Fry's in Atlanta was selling them for $15 and I picked a design I liked from there. It is a great option to save your laptop from scratches and look different as well.
    :D

7. Eclipseon macrumors newbie

Or a MacStyle? I plan on getting a MacStyle and MacPad for my computer. Then a clear Speck case to top it all off! :p

Weird, I know!

8. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Hey I heard that the Mooshi keyboard guard is actually a bad idea because they block air vents under the keyboard. I want to get one of these (Mooshi Keyboard Guard) but don't want to overheat my MBP doing so.

9. ghettochild macrumors regular

I use a Proskin keyboard cover on my classic MBP and it doesn't affect the temperature at all.

BTW, Aloha! :)