MBP Sleeps when unplugged? Why?

d_saum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
NC
Hey all! So I've searched the forum and found a bunch of sleep issues/resolutions, but haven't come across the same issue I'm experiencing. Basically, my MBP works like a champ with the only issue being that sometimes when I disconnect the magsafe connector, the machine will go to sleep about 15-20 seconds later. Even if I'm actively using it. It's not every time though. :confused: Any thoughts? All other sleep/wake functions are normal. Thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hey all! So I've searched the forum and found a bunch of sleep issues/resolutions, but haven't come across the same issue I'm experiencing. Basically, my MBP works like a champ with the only issue being that sometimes when I disconnect the magsafe connector, the machine will go to sleep about 15-20 seconds later. Even if I'm actively using it. It's not every time though. :confused: Any thoughts? All other sleep/wake functions are normal. Thanks!
Check your Energy Saver settings in System Preferences. You may have it set to sleep sooner on battery than when on power adapter.

Comment

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Haha, was just a suggestion.

Was thinking about it for a while, can't tell anything else, you said it happens sometimes, not always, otherwise I would have suggested GGJStudio's solution but then it wouldn't have this behaviour since the minimum is 1 minute I think and it would always sleep.

Probably a bug in the OS, might get solved in an update.

Comment

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Because it's tired? :D

Seriously, if everything is up to date, then the old re-install OS from scratch thing.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.