MBP Sleeve: Need Help Deciding

GoGamecocks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
My new MBP 13" arrives next week, so I am going to go ahead and purchase a sleeve before I get it in the mail. I am having trouble deciding on a sleeve and would like input from anyone that can help.

Features I require:
Scratch poof zipper
Weather Resistant

Pretty simple, I know. Right now I like the Thule sleeve and the Incase Protective Sleeve Deluxe, but I don't know if the Incase is weather resistant or not (in case I carry it in the rain). Also, the Booq seems nice as well, but I would like to get some opinions from the board to help me decide.

Thank you in advance.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great! I haven't tried it in the rain, though.

Comment

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
I perfectly understand the need to protect one's investment... especially for resale purposes but when not in my messenger bag, I prefer my MBP shiny and nekid.

It just doesn't feel right to dress it out. :)

Comment

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great! I haven't tried it in the rain, though.
I've used booq Vypers for both a 13" and 15" MBP... excellent, excellent cases that really give you a greater peace of mind against damage than a neoprene sleeve does.

I don't think any sleeve will be 100% weatherproof because most, if not all of them, require an opening or zipper... that said, I have an STM Revolution backpack that comes with a rain "jacket". Between a sleeve and the rain "jacket", your laptop will be pretty weatherproof there.

Comment

jbjones85

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2011
I too have one and it is great.

I've used booq Vypers for both a 13" and 15" MBP... excellent, excellent cases that really give you a greater peace of mind against damage than a neoprene sleeve does.

I don't think any sleeve will be 100% weatherproof because most, if not all of them, require an opening or zipper... that said, I have an STM Revolution backpack that comes with a rain "jacket". Between a sleeve and the rain "jacket", your laptop will be pretty weatherproof there.

Comment

GoGamecocks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011

Weather resistant is not the same as weatherproof. Just looking for a case that will not affect the laptop in case I am caught in a rainstorm. So a weather resistant case will bead the rain off, rather then let it soak through

Comment

Newbe

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2007
USA
MBP Sleeve: Need Help Deciding

I agree that the Booq Sleeve Viper's ballistic nylon is okay. However, I found the quality of the workmanship on the inside of that sleeve was inferior to the sleeve's outside. I returned that Booq sleeve and I bought a sleeve from Waterfield Designs. I found the quality of the Waterfield sleeve to be outstanding and I think their sleeve provides superior protection for my MBP. A high quality laptop deserves a high quality sleeve;). You can check it out at:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.php

Comment

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I love my incase deluxe protective sleeve. The zipper is protected inside so it does not scratch your MBP, unlike other cases. There is also a nifty little pocket on the outside that will hold a portable HDD or the MagSafe adapter. It has like a leather feel to it and just feels much more protective than the neoprene sleeves I looked at. I carried it in the rain once for a very short distance and it did not soak through, just beaded on the outside and I wiped it off when I got in the car. I wouldn't want to carry it for a long distance in a driving rain storm, but for a short walk it is protected.

Comment

GoGamecocks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
I love my incase deluxe protective sleeve. The zipper is protected inside so it does not scratch your MBP, unlike other cases. There is also a nifty little pocket on the outside that will hold a portable HDD or the MagSafe adapter. It has like a leather feel to it and just feels much more protective than the neoprene sleeves I looked at. I carried it in the rain once for a very short distance and it did not soak through, just beaded on the outside and I wiped it off when I got in the car. I wouldn't want to carry it for a long distance in a driving rain storm, but for a short walk it is protected.
I went with the Incase PS Deluxe. Thank you to everyone for your helpful opinions. The Incase sold me because it has the pocket.

Comment