MBP Sleeve: Need Help Deciding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GoGamecocks, Jul 19, 2011.

1. GoGamecocks macrumors member

My new MBP 13" arrives next week, so I am going to go ahead and purchase a sleeve before I get it in the mail. I am having trouble deciding on a sleeve and would like input from anyone that can help.

Features I require:
    Scratch poof zipper
    Weather Resistant

Pretty simple, I know. Right now I like the Thule sleeve and the Incase Protective Sleeve Deluxe, but I don't know if the Incase is weather resistant or not (in case I carry it in the rain). Also, the Booq seems nice as well, but I would like to get some opinions from the board to help me decide.

Thank you in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great! I haven't tried it in the rain, though.
    [​IMG]

3. eC1990ho macrumors member

4. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

I perfectly understand the need to protect one's investment... especially for resale purposes but when not in my messenger bag, I prefer my MBP shiny and nekid.

It just doesn't feel right to dress it out. :)

5. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I've used booq Vypers for both a 13" and 15" MBP... excellent, excellent cases that really give you a greater peace of mind against damage than a neoprene sleeve does.

I don't think any sleeve will be 100% weatherproof because most, if not all of them, require an opening or zipper... that said, I have an STM Revolution backpack that comes with a rain "jacket". Between a sleeve and the rain "jacket", your laptop will be pretty weatherproof there.

6. jbjones85 macrumors member

I too have one and it is great.

7. GoGamecocks thread starter macrumors member

Weather resistant is not the same as weatherproof. Just looking for a case that will not affect the laptop in case I am caught in a rainstorm. So a weather resistant case will bead the rain off, rather then let it soak through

8. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

another vote for the booq.

has safely traveled the world.

9. Newbe macrumors member

MBP Sleeve: Need Help Deciding

I agree that the Booq Sleeve Viper's ballistic nylon is okay. However, I found the quality of the workmanship on the inside of that sleeve was inferior to the sleeve's outside. I returned that Booq sleeve and I bought a sleeve from Waterfield Designs. I found the quality of the Waterfield sleeve to be outstanding and I think their sleeve provides superior protection for my MBP. A high quality laptop deserves a high quality sleeve;). You can check it out at:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.php

10. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I love my incase deluxe protective sleeve. The zipper is protected inside so it does not scratch your MBP, unlike other cases. There is also a nifty little pocket on the outside that will hold a portable HDD or the MagSafe adapter. It has like a leather feel to it and just feels much more protective than the neoprene sleeves I looked at. I carried it in the rain once for a very short distance and it did not soak through, just beaded on the outside and I wiped it off when I got in the car. I wouldn't want to carry it for a long distance in a driving rain storm, but for a short walk it is protected.

11. GoGamecocks thread starter macrumors member

I went with the Incase PS Deluxe. Thank you to everyone for your helpful opinions. The Incase sold me because it has the pocket.