MBP slow to respond after sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calvinhob, Jan 11, 2013.

1. calvinhob, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013

calvinhob macrumors newbie

Dear all

I got my 13'' macbook pro w retina display 2 months ago.
    Recently i found that everytime i resume (open cover) my lappy, it needs time to respond, e.g mouse doesn't appear immediately... need to wait for few seconds.

Is this consider as normal? kindly advice. ><

Thank you!

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

mine flashes every once in a while or stays grey for a sec when i open the lid

3. spoonie1972 macrumors 6502a

might depend on which hibernate mode you're running. one uses less battery but takes longer to wake, one uses more battery but wakes very quickly.

4. calvinhob thread starter macrumors newbie

to spoonie1972:
    Then i might try again when it is connecting to electric. Normally the 1st moment i resume my lappy is only with battery itself. ;)

THANKS!

5. KPOM macrumors G5

If you close the lid and keep it plugged it, it should stay in the "sleep" mode in which it should take 1-2 seconds to wake. If you unplug it, after 70 minutes it will drop down into "deep sleep." From deep sleep, it takes a few more seconds to become responsive. The upside is that in deep sleep it can keep power for up to 30 days.

6. calvinhob thread starter macrumors newbie

to KPOM:
    Really appreciate your reply! No wonder it takes few more seconds to "wake up" Normally I will resume using it after i off for few hours. THANK YOU! :):p

7. zjazz macrumors 6502

I have 15" RMBP and for me it's actually opposite, when it's connected to charger when I open the lid after lets say 10-11 hours of sleep it takes 3-4 second, but when it's not plugged in it will wake up instantly. Interesting...