mbp slow..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Afbar1114, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

My mbp has been slow recently. Just did a fresh install last week. It takes two bounces for apps used to take one Jump. My mbp was hot today. Is it TRIM? Or is it the other HDD?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was like 90° in my room today could that be it

4. iaymnu macrumors 6502

That could be it. Ambient temp is high.

5. simsaladimbamba

You mean, that the slowness was a result of your room being 32° C? If so, the answer is no.
    Have you looked at the tips/hints?

6. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok so its only some apps like pages and itunes others are one bounce. Should i reinstall os again? Not that big of a deal if i need to. Could it be other HDD in optibay slowing it?

7. simsaladimbamba

No need to reinstall if you use the tools in post #2 to determine the problem. If not, then a reinstall might work for a week or so, depending on your computational habits. With the tools given you in post number 2 (also check for Page Outs / Swap Used in Activity Monitor), you should be either eliminate the problem or determine the problem.

8. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did both a fresh install and followed post #2seems alot better. I also think doing a fresh install is good after any hardware change

9. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Have you seen improvements?

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you're swapping out a motherboard in a PC, I understand this. But on an Apple laptop, you're pretty limited on what hardware changes are available. I don't see a good reason to reinstall your OS due to a RAM upgrade. A fresh install on a new SSD may be a good idea, simply because I've heard of problems when cloning from a HDD to a SSD.