MBP, slowing down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by felipson, Jul 26, 2007.

1. felipson macrumors member

I have a MBP intel core 2 duo 2.33. I've noticed some decreased in performance. I haven't downloaded anything or have tweaked anything to have caused this, but when I run Microsoft word, powerpoint, exce it's slow to load these programs.

I usually put my macbook to sleep when i'm done using it. I turn it off maybe 2x a week, mostly it is asleep when during the night. I'm a student so my MBP is on maye 12-18 hours 7 days a week.

Is there anything I can do in general to accelerate my MBP's performance? like a defrag (PC) or something. Thank you all very much

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Run disk repair and permissions repair from the DVD and then run FSCK. Worked wonders on mine even though my permissions seemed okay. Especially got rid of a lot of Safari beachballs, but sped everything up in general. I do it once a week now.

3. Roguepirate macrumors member

you sure its actual decrease in performance or a perceived decrease in performance?

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Speaking of beachballs, I hope Leopard makes that obsolete. That beachball is the worst thing on the Mac. And I hope they don't just make a fancier beachball with Core Animation. Some performance tools that are automatic would be nice.

5. iBunny macrumors 65816

Of course you will notice slowdowns... you are emulating with Rosetta.

How much ram do you have? Rosetta loves ram

6. felipson thread starter macrumors member