MBP Sound Loss

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reality4711, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Reality4711 macrumors 6502

Reality4711

Hi,
    does anyone know of a channel failure problem with the 15" mono mbp?

I have had the LH speaker replace under AppleCare but have just noticed the LH channel has once again disappeared.

Plugging in the headphones gives me intermittent LH channel after wiggling the plug. wiggling however has no affect on the speaker output when the plug is removed??

The service centre initially said there was no problem with the speaker and I wonder if they changed it just in case?

Any thoughts??

Thank You.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

My best bet would probably be to take it back in so they can look at it. It seems like it happens to you often enough so that you can replicate in the store. Good luck with your situation.

3. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem for a while. Go in 'system preferences' and check the 'sound' menu. Then select the 'output' tab. Just check that the slider is in the middle so that it is balanced right. For some reason when it happened to me the bar was all the way to the left and i don't kno how it got like that :confused:. Even if that doesn't work, see if you can move it all the way t the left and get any sound out of it.