Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelpeach838

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
I have the 2008 version (like last generation of the entire aluminum body and keyboard, 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo) MBP. Everything appears to be running perfectly but it's making this sound like it's struggling. It makes the sound that it's working really hard when my iStat says 94% idle. It's not making sense....not sure if it's some type of hardware issue (well I am assuming it is due to noise coming from inside) or what. Just wondering if anybody has encountered this sound.....

Basically it just sounds like my computer is multitasking several different programs all while running VMware and Windows 7 when actually nothing is going on. I also just upgraded my RAM from 2g to 4g thinking that would help...but no luck.

Thanks for any incite in advance!

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
Open her up and clean all the dust out. You would be surprised how much can build up near the intake and exhaust vents of the fan.

If that doesn't help, try a fresh install. Hopefully it's not a hardware problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.