MBP Speakers Buzzing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by meringues, Aug 11, 2009.

1. meringues macrumors member

I just bought a refurb MBP 2.4... I'm noticing that at high volumes my speakers are crackling/buzzing/distorting/whatever you call it. I'm planning on taking it in tomorrow... Anyone have any experience with this?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Cracking and distortion is most likely due to too much bass trying to be reproduced out of a tiny laptop speaker.

3. meringues thread starter macrumors member

I know what too much bass for a laptop speaker sounds like. This is different. I had a 13" uMB before this.

4. meringues thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE:

Took it in to the Apple Store today... They told me that while the 5,1 MBPs are known to have some buzz, this was likely a severe case since it was so noticeable and it's the first time they've had someone bring in a MBP for this reason. They're replacing my speakers, we'll see if that solves the problem.

Other than this issue, I really love this computer.

5. IndigoSensor macrumors newbie

IndigoSensor

Concider investing in external speakers. I am a bit of an audiophile and have 150$ speakers, but it is worth it IMO, music sounds so much more crisp and clean.

Glad to hear you are getting that fixed though, crackling like that would drive me beyond insane.

6. meringues thread starter macrumors member

I'm not quite an audiophile but I already have a pair of el cheapo Altec Lansing speakers that do the job. I still wanted to get the laptop fixed, though.

7. Jottle macrumors 6502

They all buzz unfortunately. I hope yours is really defective, or they've just replaced regular working speakers :(

8. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Mine were great at the start but those little things just can't handle decent volume levels. After a while they'll be just as tinny as my old dell. If you frequently use it in one spot I would consider externals and only use the internal speakers when you're on the go.

9. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I too could be considered an audiophile maybe. I just run my sound optical to a LG surround system. But if im looking for some superior quality listening i just bust out my Shure in ears, in ear monitors have awesome sound at a fraction of the price of speakers.