MBP - spilt wine on keyboard - what to do?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by duckyducky, May 17, 2011.

1. duckyducky macrumors newbie

Hey!

Ok, I will be short:

I spilt red wine on my MBP 15:
    Where: right corner - very very small drops of wine. Enter stoped working... i shut down the laptop and turned it around for the night. Next day I turned it on and Enter still did`t worked... then in 2 hours started working again (and some combinations with Shift). The speakers were spilted to, but no sing of trouble, working fine.

Then, later (stupid me)... I pluged adapter in and everything worked fine until in one hour of charging, my Macy asked me to Shut Down or Restart or Cancel... ?. I clicked No. And then he shut down anyway. And not turning on in any way.

On apple service told me that the power button is not working and becouse of that, I must pay for new topcase - whole body with keys, pad, power button, aluminium.

But actually, MBP is working when the man put a PenLikeSomething on a board in back. And then I saw that some other keys are not working (clicked on one key, two different letters showed).

So I am wondering:

- change the whole body becouse power button is not working?
    - or I should wait for miracle to happen and my MBP will worked someday
    - is it really needed to change all body? (it could cost me 570 USD/400 EUR)

2. Dave Felix, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011

Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Try looking at the following link, it also happened to someone else except with coffee.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=226423

3. duckyducky thread starter macrumors newbie

Tnx,...

Apple service did repair my mac,... but the price is big. i don't like this... but ok, it has a reason... why should bother with two or three keys and power button if you coul "easily" buy a new top case and pay 2 hours of service. Stupid apple service thing. but ok, apple is apple...