mbp sprayed w/ fire extinguisher

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dabills80, Apr 5, 2010.

1. dabills80 macrumors member

This weekend one of my friends sprayed my fraternity room with a fire extinguisher and nuked my room. My computer was covered in yellow powder but I cleaned it off. I was able to blow dust out of the back where the fan is but I'm sure there's more in there. For insurance purposes, do you think damage has been done?

2. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

My experience with insurance companies is:

1. You need a police or other report indicating the time of the event and what happened.

2. You need to give your insurance agent a repair order or estimate on the damage and what it will cost to fix. Keep in mind that you might have a deductible, and the insurance company will also deduct how old your computer is.

3. You will also need to give the agent a list of the software you have loaded on your HD. Some insurers want to see the serial numbers for the software as well, for this is the only way they can verify the software was actually installed on your computer.

Hope this helps!

3. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

I don't know about you but I would murder the person who did that.:mad:

4. BettBee macrumors member

Well this may not be a helpful answer to your question, but it could save you years of heartache and trouble . . . redefine the word "friend . . ."

5. Kawininja619 macrumors member

Why dont you open it and see if there is any on the inside. Does it still work?

6. Raima macrumors 6502

7. dabills80 thread starter macrumors member

yeah it's up and running fine right now. I'm just thinking ahead.

8. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Your friend is an ass. He needs the "appropriate vs. inappropriate" lesson that most of us seem to have learned.