MBP SR 15 Static Pop in audio

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Salty Pirate, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Salty Pirate macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

Just got my 15 LED SR Macbook Pro.

When I plug my bose speakers in at my desk and listen to itunes, I am getting a static pop sound. Should I take it back or is it fixable????

By the way, LG panel and no yellow 1/3 of screen. Initially thought it was yellow, but I calibrated it, and now it only looks yellow if viewed from the side. Head on, white.

One thing I have noticed, when I watch movies on it in the dark with the brightness turned down (cause this thing is a torch), I am getting quick flashes when a sceen has high contrast light and dark. I am very sensative to LCD flat panel TVs that use a colorwheel. Like a JVC dilila, I see rainbows!
    Is that normal for an led flat panel to see "quick white flashes of light"? or am I insane???:eek:

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

The static pop audio is a well known bug with the MBP hardware architecture. I have the same problem. It's not fixable at this time, so bringing it in won't accomplish anything.

3. Freyqq macrumors 68040

i have the static pop thing too..but it only happens on my external speakers. on my headphones..it either never happens or i don't notice it

4. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I had severe static from my right speaker and had it replaced at the apple store. I picked it up and listened it was fine. I got it home and ten minutes into iTunes it was worse than ever. I took it back in and it took 10 minutes to act up. It on its way to Texas for a logic board replacement now. I'm getting a liitle sick of the issues. Love the OS but a little iffy on the hardware

5. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

If you use optical out, you will not get any static. Only thing is that you have to get a speaker system that has optical in. Logitech has few of them with optical.

6. Maccleduff macrumors regular

I occaisonally get the static "pop" when listening to speakers but then I used a shorter higher quality cable to the speakers and now it rarely hapens. I'd still like to know how to eliminate this problem completely tho, as it is a bit annoying.

7. Salty Pirate thread starter macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

well this is my first macbook pro to make static pops and I have had 2 powerbooks and this is my third mbp. I think I am going to exchange it, but I got an LG panel, I might get a samsung. Too many issues with these things right now.

8. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Another "incredible" Genius story

error reposted on a new thread

9. hotoru macrumors newbie

Optical may fix static but does not fix pop.

I have a September 2009 MBP using optical out to logitech speakers. I have an intermittent popping to the speakers. I did not have the problem with the macbook from which I upgraded. I am thinking of getting the Griffin iMic 2 as I understand it will avoid the problem.

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz