MBP [SR-2.4-1Gen] screen (freeze) issues (!)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flowagner, Nov 13, 2007.

1. flowagner macrumors member

flowagner

hello there

i'm writing because my beloved mbp got some issuses regarding the led powered screen. i got the bulk 2.4 mbp with santa rosa chipset and i ordered it kinda like one or two days after it was presented so i figure it's first generation of the santa rosa mbps.

the issue i have ... is hard to describe in words but here's what happened: for some time now, my mbp seems to get ugly display issues when i open it. i usually use it at uni or at home, hooked up to another monitor. when i go to uni, i just shut down os x, disconnect the plugs and stuff my mbp into my crumpler bag. i used to have a speck see-thru on the mbp but it made it rather fat ... dunno if it helps if you know this.

at uni, i take out my mbp, open it and start it up and sometimes when the screen starts up it looks like this:

[​IMG]

so right now i am stuck with this view. i have been getting these screens for over a few weeks now but shaking the display a bit back and forth made the screen somehow go away. now it's kinda stuck and i dunno what to do.

is there anything you could recommend? i have a presentation on saturday and i really need my stuff and my mbp since it's the only computer i've got. i think i once asked the authorized reseller here in vienna/austria if there are spare notebooks they give their customers while their notebooks are in repair but they said they don't do that. so what are my options here?

thank you! much apreciated! best,

flo

ps: for the record - my setup:
    macbook pro 2.4 ghz core2duo, santa rosa, led display, 2 gig ram, 160 hdd, nvidia 6800m gt. installed leopard.
    at home: samsung 245b 24' wide monitor via dvi, apple bluetooth keyboard and a ms mouse.

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Sorry about you problem, I bet that sux totally. Anyway to me it seems like a hardware defect, since you're under the 12-month warranty - Apple should technically repair/replace it for you free of charge.

Do call AppleCare or take the machine into one of their authorized reseller.

Good luck!

3. ebgmbp macrumors newbie

screen problem

Did you ever get this fixed? I am experiencing a very similar problem.

Thanks.