Mbp stand

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bluebird3, Aug 18, 2014.

1. bluebird3 macrumors regular

Does anybody has a Twelve South BookArc for your mbp ? Do they work with a mpb that has a hard cover case like speck ?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I use the BookArc with my Retina MBP and with no cover at all it fits in there very snug. I just took two business cards and was just barely able to slide one in each side, so anything thicker than that is not going to fit. Hope this helps.

3. bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess mine won't fit with the hard case on. That's too bad it looked like a perfect solution to my space saving needs. I could take out the case but I think it's bit of a pain each time. I guess I'll look for more possible space saving options.

4. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I know it doesn't look as elegant, but I use a clear Ikea napkin holder that I got off of Amazon. It holds up my rMBP 15" real well, and seems pretty sturdy. Granted, it's plastic, but it still shows off the gorgeous body, and I believe it will have a smaller footprint than the bookarc.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...s=aps&field-keywords=ikea clear napkin holder

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Actually, I think that looks pretty good. Can't beat the price either.

6. Doug Hope macrumors member

Doug Hope

My book ark came with a silicone piece for the MBP and the rMBP. When I was using my plastic cover on my rMBP I used the MBP one and it seemed to fit pretty well.

7. bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

Clever :)

----------

Mm wonder if all purchase comes with adjustable silicone... I know rmbp is thinner than mbp.

8. bluebird3, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014

bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

Found few more items...

Rain Design, Inc.mTower Vertical Stand for Laptop.
    Or
    Just Mobile AluBase Laptop Mount (ST-250)

I think I've found me a solution!
    Just Mobile AluRack Laptop Mount (ST-220)

9. Justinhub2003 macrumors regular

I Have the book Arc but actually ended up really liking the Belkin Zero/Loft stand.

I use it with a mouse and keyboard as a stand alone stand OR when I'm connected via monitor, I use it in closed mode (I'm not a 2 monitor kinda guy)

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F5L083/