MBP start-up problems, tried many things! Please help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by goodboyy, Oct 6, 2008.

1. goodboyy macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a year old MBP(15.4 inch, dual core 2 2.16 ghz, 3 gb ram(added ram, MAC OS 10.4) I recently received a new battery from Apple through the battery exchange program. And I also bought a new RAM 2GB few months ago and added it on.
    Recently, about 3 days ago, I noticed that I was having trouble starting up my mac os. A day later, it would not start up. However, using bootcamp, my Windows XP runs fine without any problems, although I have gotten one of those blue screens in the middle of studying.
    These are the list of things I've done and tried:
    1. PRAM reset - did not help
    2. Removed ram individually and plugged it in different arrangements to see if it was a RAM problem - did not help
    3. Repair permissions + disk - I tried this, it got stuck about 3/4 of the way, and it would not complete the process after 2 hours.
    4. Archive and Install - I had an error during the process and could not continue.
    5. fsck - I also had an error in the way, saying something about volume
    6. The hardware test, I did not have any problems in my hardware.
    7. My last resort was Erase and Install. I performed this, and 2-3 days later the problem came back. All I installed on my mac os were just updates, nothing else.
    8. After my erase and install I tried repairing through using disk utility. Repair permissions took approximately an hour, and when I tried to repair volume, or verify I had problems in both.

Unfortunately, I'm completely drained out of ideas, I have no clue what to do next. If anyone can help me, please do!
    Thank you

2. goodboyy thread starter macrumors newbie

3. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

Make an appointment with a Genius and go to an apple store.