MBP startup issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by miinike, Oct 25, 2015.

1. miinike macrumors newbie

can anyone point me in the right direction with this question? I'm having an issue with the laptop not finishing the start up. shuts off midway through the update completion.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

What size MBP? What Year? What version of OS X?

Nobody can help without such basic info.

3. miinike thread starter macrumors newbie

this is a 2010, 13" but I am unsure the version. if it was updating it was probably updating the latest version. I'm assuming.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

You mentioned a startup issue, then you brought up software updates. You need to let the updates complete, which might include a restart. Leave it alone and let it finish.

5. miinike thread starter macrumors newbie

6. miinike thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the reply & suggestion. I have been letting it sit since yesterday and retried the startup but it will do the same thing. the reason I say "updating" is because of the status bar below the Apple Logo comes on but before it gets 1/2 way through the bar, it disappears than the computer shuts off.. I am assuming the Bar below is an indication of an update finishing/completing. I am not Apple Mac/Computer savy so I'm trying to get an idea of what's happening or what's not. this is also my assumption after reading the Apple info regarding the EI Capitan update, is it possible that the laptop Auto updated and this computer is not able to accommodate the requirements and thus crashing?

Hmmm..