MBP stopped finding TV - help me please!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kgoatley, Aug 17, 2008.

1. kgoatley macrumors newbie

OK so...have my lovely MBP which i have used successfully, for a good couple of years, connected to my ViewSonic HDMI tv. I use the dvi-vga(?) adaptor that came with my MBP. Yesterday it all decided to just stop working. I have tried the millions of different suggestions on the forums, ranging from turning off, plugging in, then turning back on, to no avail. When I go to display preferences it doesn't have the option to turn on mirroring at all. About an hour ago it suddenly started working but the colour was wacked so I turned off the tv and then turned it back on - as this usually works when the colours go funny but then the signal disappeared again and now i can't get it back. I am getting very, very frustrated. Please can someone tell me what to do as I'm going to cry or throw my laptop at the wall very soon...well, probably not throw the laptop, cos it was bloody expensive!
    I don't know if it's at all relevant but i recently upgraded new OS from OSX to leopard. Err...i think that's all the info i can think of. Please help me!:confused:

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Hmm.. Sound like there's a coincidental bug going around, this is the second thread on the subject tonight.