Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yani2k8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
UK
Hello

So I updated to Mavericks a couple of days ago and everything seemed to be working fine, until last night when my computer ran out of battery and turned off.

I plugged in the charger and tried to boot it up but I keep getting the Apple screen with a grey loading bar just underneath the logo. Takes it about 5-10 mins every time and only reaches about 9/10 of the way when the mac shuts down and begins the entire process again.

Thankfully I also have Windows 7 installed as an alternative operating system so I can still access all my files but I can't stay with it too long, I already miss OSX.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Seems like the installation of Mavericks somehow became damaged and/or unable to boot. What you should do is press COMMAND and V when starting your computer, and let us know what line the verbose text input stops/stalls on.

Hello

So I updated to Mavericks a couple of days ago and everything seemed to be working fine, until last night when my computer ran out of battery and turned off.

I plugged in the charger and tried to boot it up but I keep getting the Apple screen with a grey loading bar just underneath the logo. Takes it about 5-10 mins every time and only reaches about 9/10 of the way when the mac shuts down and begins the entire process again.

Thankfully I also have Windows 7 installed as an alternative operating system so I can still access all my files but I can't stay with it too long, I already miss OSX.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

yani2k8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
UK
Seems like the installation of Mavericks somehow became damaged and/or unable to boot. What you should do is press COMMAND and V when starting your computer, and let us know what line the verbose text input stops/stalls on.

Thanks for your response, koolaid

Here is a screenshot of the outcome:
2m3pc2q.jpg

Also, I found a few similar threads (although nothing quite the same), which prompted me to run OSX in recovery mode and try a disk repair.

This is the error I'm getting:
2cy5p1i.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.