MBP stops working after Mavericks update - please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yani2k8, Nov 8, 2013.

1. yani2k8 macrumors member

yani2k8

Hello

So I updated to Mavericks a couple of days ago and everything seemed to be working fine, until last night when my computer ran out of battery and turned off.

I plugged in the charger and tried to boot it up but I keep getting the Apple screen with a grey loading bar just underneath the logo. Takes it about 5-10 mins every time and only reaches about 9/10 of the way when the mac shuts down and begins the entire process again.

Thankfully I also have Windows 7 installed as an alternative operating system so I can still access all my files but I can't stay with it too long, I already miss OSX.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Plug in the charger and let it charge for a few hours before you turn it on. The gray progress bar you describe is normal. The system went into hibernation before the power ran out and it's just restoring the machine's state.

3. yani2k8, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

yani2k8 thread starter macrumors member

yani2k8

Thanks, chabig.

What you describe has happened loads of times before but this is definitely different. The loading never completes all the way to the end because the machine reboots just before. Tried this at least 7-10 times but always the same thing.

I found a few similar threads (although nothing quite the same) which prompted me to run OSX in recovery mode and try a disk repair.

This is the error I'm getting:

[​IMG]