MBP stuck at apple logo screen with a status bar...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tony25, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Tony25 macrumors newbie

I've done a search but could not find a matching thread for my problem. I accidently dropped my laptop while it was on and after that it was never the same. The screen froze and I powered it off, after about 15 seconds I powered it back on. It remained at the apple logo screen for the longest time so I hooked it up to my iMac for a firewire transfer to see if I can still get in. Somehow after about 10 min of it being connected, there were multiple drives mounted on my iMac and each time I tried to get into one, it will try to load up the contents but nothing showed up and after doing so, another drive will pop up on my desktop. By this time I'm frustrated...the next thing I did was poped in the CD to book from it and see if I can do a repair on the drive under the disk utility. I got that to boot up and did a verify disk and it automatically came up with an Error and directed me to do a Repair which I did. Thinking it will take some time I left it over night running the repair, woke up the next morning to see the status of the repair still in the same state. I forgot that under the disk utility window, on the left where my hard drive is shown, my drive name was greyed out. I powered it off again since it hadn't done nothing all night long and when it came back up it now had a status bar right under the spinning icon on the apple logo screen and will not go any further.

So is my hard drive done for or is there anything else I can do to try to recover my data from it. I haven't done a back up....guess that's what I get huh? ahahah....well any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!