MBP stuck during boot up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cpttoolpants, Aug 25, 2009.

1. cpttoolpants macrumors newbie

Aug 25, 2009
    hey guys

so ive read through a bunch of posts already about similar things but none of them really seemed to be quite the same as the problem i have. I have a MBP purchased around july-aug. 2006 and as of last night its giving me a problem during boot up. during a normal boot up as you all know there is the gray screen with the apple and spinny lines thing, then it flashes light blue for a second before it goes to the screen where it's loading my settings with the blue bar across the bottom of the window and then i get to my desktop. the problem that started last night is that it gets stuck on the light blue screen. I seem to get different things happening each time too. Sometimes i can see and move my mouse, sometimes i cant. One time i saw the shadow of a menu bar across the top but couldnt get anything to respond there. another time i had the mouse and it was as though there was a window in the middle of the screen that was working at something but i couldnt see it (when i moved my mouse around the screen there was a definite square in which the mouse changed from an arrow to the rainbow pinwheel).

another time my screen stopped at the blue, i did not get my mouse and then about 2-3 min later my screen turned gray again but nothing after that.

i have reset the p-ram, tried booting from single user mode (not sure i did that right though) and a few other things but nothing has worked. last thing i did on the computer was burn a couple audio cds from itunes.

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

Aug 1, 2009
    Alamo City, Lone Star State
    I'd suggest you try a Disk Repair using your installation disc.

HTH ... Cheers! :cool:
  3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

Jul 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
  4. cpttoolpants thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 25, 2009
    thanks for the responses guys. my friend instructed me to reset the NVRAM and that worked. so i guess never mind haha.