MBP stuck during boot up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cpttoolpants, Aug 25, 2009.

1. cpttoolpants macrumors newbie

hey guys

so ive read through a bunch of posts already about similar things but none of them really seemed to be quite the same as the problem i have. I have a MBP purchased around july-aug. 2006 and as of last night its giving me a problem during boot up. during a normal boot up as you all know there is the gray screen with the apple and spinny lines thing, then it flashes light blue for a second before it goes to the screen where it's loading my settings with the blue bar across the bottom of the window and then i get to my desktop. the problem that started last night is that it gets stuck on the light blue screen. I seem to get different things happening each time too. Sometimes i can see and move my mouse, sometimes i cant. One time i saw the shadow of a menu bar across the top but couldnt get anything to respond there. another time i had the mouse and it was as though there was a window in the middle of the screen that was working at something but i couldnt see it (when i moved my mouse around the screen there was a definite square in which the mouse changed from an arrow to the rainbow pinwheel).

another time my screen stopped at the blue, i did not get my mouse and then about 2-3 min later my screen turned gray again but nothing after that.

i have reset the p-ram, tried booting from single user mode (not sure i did that right though) and a few other things but nothing has worked. last thing i did on the computer was burn a couple audio cds from itunes.

ideas?

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

I'd suggest you try a Disk Repair using your installation disc.

HTH ... Cheers! :cool:

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

4. cpttoolpants thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the responses guys. my friend instructed me to reset the NVRAM and that worked. so i guess never mind haha.