MBP Substitute?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Neoraven, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Neoraven macrumors member

In anticipation for the MBP refresh, I've been thinking about other laptops I could move to with similar or better specs around a reasonable price. I know that the Dell mini10v can be hackintosh'd with minimal effort, is anybody aware of other platforms that can as well?

I'm well aware it violates agreements, etc... I'm just looking for compatible platforms, thanks :)

2. rumpus macrumors member

3. TazExprez macrumors member

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

And SO relevant to this thread:D

5. Neoraven thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for suggesting a platform, but the mini 10v > mini 9 for a few reasons, and regardless I'm looking for one with specs equal to or better than the coming MBP refreshes.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

7. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

most EeePC's can be hackintoshed as well. I got my 1005HA completely functional with the exception of fully-working Fn keys. Just sold it actually at a much higher price than it was worth because it had OS X on it.

8. Neoraven thread starter macrumors member

The EeePC's are worth a look, but I don't think I'm making myself quite clear with the past few responses:

The type of laptop I am looking for must meet these criteria:

• i7 or i5 processor
    • 4GB minimum RAM capacity
    • 13" or greater screen size
    • Able to be hackintoshed

I'm grateful for the responses but suggesting an older MB/MBP is far from what I'm looking for, and not a single netbook can even come close to the specs I'm trying to describe. Based on the criteria, can anyone suggest any laptop that would be hackable? Or any experience with makers (Dell/HP, etc...) who's hardware has driver support in OSX?

9. kickFlip macrumors member

I'm interested, too. Suggestions for an i7-capable laptop that is hackintoshable, please!