MBP Superdrive Blockage... Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by B1gMac, Jun 5, 2008.

1. B1gMac macrumors regular

B1gMac

I own a 15 inch Macbook Pro (the generation of MBP's just before the little camera was added). Normally, my notebook works perfectly well, and I have had zero issues in the almost 3 years I have owned it.

Today, a new issue occured. When trying to put a DVD into the optical drive, something was blocking me from getting it in all the way. I had no trouble ejecting whatever the previous disc was, so it is definitely not a previous disc that is blocking the drive.

Has anybody on here had any experience with this happening? What could I do to fix it? I would prefer not to have to get it replaced.

2. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

All Macbook Pros come with iSight- the camera. If you do not have the camera, you have a Powerbook.

As for not being able to insert the DVD, have you tried a different disc? How far can you insert it? What happens when you press the eject button- does the superdrive make a noise?

3. B1gMac thread starter macrumors regular

B1gMac

I'm sorry.. you're right. It is a Powerbook. I tried another disc, and that doesn't work either... No matter the disc, the superdrive only allows me to slide the disc in about 1/3 of the way. When I press the eject button, no noise is made.