MBP Superdrive Burning Rejected?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AFPoster, Apr 17, 2012.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

This weekend I had my Superdrive replaced because it couldn't read blank disc's. Now I'm trying to burn 17 songs (CD Purchased on iTunes) to a blank disc that's a total of 180.3mb (1.4hours) and it keeps saying it's too large for one disc. The disc is a 700mb disc, any ideas why I'm getting this error? If I bought the CD I'd be able to copy to a blank but I can't do this from my Mac.

2. Bear macrumors G3

An Audio CD is limited to about 74 minutes of music. An mp3 CD is limited by the data capacity of the disc in question.

1.4 hours is about 84 minutes of music. So probably about 12 minutes too long for the CD-R.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

This. An audio disc has 2 limits - Time and space. Trim out a song or two.

4. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I noticed the 80min cap but it said 700mb so I figured since iTunes was saying it was 180.3mb I should be fine. Guess that's on the mp3 side which even still doesn't work either saying "none of the songs can be used for mp3 discs". Strange how I can make an exact copy though.

5. Bear macrumors G3

I missed the 700MB so yeah 80 minutes. I was thinking the 650MB/74 minute discs.

And as for the mp3 issue? Are the songs in mp3 format or something else like ACC for example?

Also, some commercially pressed audio CDs do push the limit on CD capacity to longer than what a CD-R can hold.