MBP Temperature and Fans

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macuser1232, May 19, 2012.

1. macuser1232, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012

macuser1232 macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

Hey I just was wondering if it is normal for my macbook pro's temperature to be 184 degrees Fahrenheit and my fans running at 4422rpm. I currently have 10 tabs open in google chrome, my email app on the dock, and a python IDLE shell open. I also just recently got my fans replaced because my old ones were making a weird noise so the fans should be running very well. My macbook pro is also being charged and sitting on the table flat too. I have a 2011 macbook pro 13 inch i5 processor with 8gb of ram.

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Check activity monitor. If you noticed that the processor is using up a lot of power, the means can make your computer hot. I know chrome doesn't play well with my MacBook Pro. A lot of times flash will eat up a whole lot of processor. I'll cost attempts to be high. and chrome forces my computer to use the high-end graphics too. Also makes your computer hotter

3. macuser1232 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

Yeah that is exactly whats happening. so should i go to my backup browser, Firefox? and Yes i already checked activity monitor and that's whats happening.

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I don't use Firefox, so I can't speak to that. I use safari. And I install the adblock and click2flash extensions to block out battery-sapping background flash.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) As far as performance impact, YMMV.

6. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

My MBP fan generally runs at about 2,000 rpm unless I open a game.